2G-3G OnOff

Apr/10
Current version: 2.2.0
Price: FREE
DOWNLOAD Available on the Market

Description:

2G-3G OnOff – simple widget(1×1) for changing network mode.

It’s shortcut for network system settings which allows you change 2G-3G and data roaming mode just with 2 clicks instead of 4.

Changes:

v2.0.2:

• Icon fix for 1.5 and 1.6
  • Now you can center icon, when label is off.

v2.0.0:

• new icons look
  • icons for Nexus One and Droid
  • label customization
  • help window

Alternative links: Cyrket

Market Link

Direct File Link

Filed under: Widgets
Comments (56) Trackbacks (3)
  1. Q
    2:20 AM on July 22nd, 2009

You all create the best apps that i have seen so far. pls continue to do so. all of your widgets makes everything very convenient. i have a request….can you pls make a widget for mounting & unmounting the usb & a speakerphone. THANKS!!

2. Mikansei
    7:20 PM on July 24th, 2009

I use nearly all of your widgets! If you made a widget that turned on/off data aka remove apns, that would be excellent!

3. Maxim Yudin
    8:25 AM on July 26th, 2009

Mikansei, of cause, we will make this widget in nearest time.

4. Andy
    8:27 PM on August 21st, 2009

Hi, is there reason why it wouldn’t install on my un-rooted G1 1.5?

5. Vladimir Baryshnikov
    10:13 PM on August 26th, 2009
  6. Paulo Santos
    3:07 AM on September 1st, 2009

Hi guys, First thank you for all this wonderful contributions.
    One proposal. What about a single 4×1 widget for the settings?

I believe that at least 7 options can be “usable” in a single 4×1 widget.
    Instead of having the side button representing if it is enabled or not, you could just use the small icon and paint it green if the option is enabled.
    For the 2G or 3G, if possible it would display in the icon the selected option (2G/3G or both).

If the user could configure what settings he wants to have in the bar that would be perfect.

If i can contribute with more details, testing or even coding let me know.

saltorio Reply:

I too would pay for a 1×1 – 4×1 widget that offers up a screen with the options of many of your widget on it. The icon could be a small set of icons grouped together and – as Paulo states – use a color to show that they are enabled or disabled.

See the icon that Spb uses for their similar widget in Spb Mobile Shell for Windows Mobile (next to the battery icon):

A widget like this could easily manage all radios, airplane mode, silent mode, and brightness.

7. Peter
    7:16 PM on November 7th, 2009

Hi… and thanks for worlds best widgets :-)

The only widget i need is for turning mobile data on and off… Does it exist ???

8. TalonDesigns
    12:55 AM on December 24th, 2009

LOVE the apps! I have an idea for ya (because I would really like to have all of my 1×1 widgets match ;)

You should make a “Mount USB” toggle button as well :) – I know one exists, but I like the look of yours better.

Just a thought.

Thank you so much for the handy applications!

9. Kike
    10:26 PM on December 27th, 2009

Awesome apps! Most of them, ie this 2G/3G, don’t appear on my Tattoo Market. I guess it’s due to the smaller screen. When will all of them be available for tattooers? Thank you so much for your great job!

10. moha
    11:12 PM on December 30th, 2009

Thanky

11. Rob
    1:20 AM on February 1st, 2010

You know that you can enable/disable APN by removing the settings (like apndroid does). If you could do that with this widget set, this would be the best!!!

12. Greg
    3:23 PM on February 1st, 2010

It would be great if you could put a QR code on the page to make downloading easier.

13. Paulo Diovani
    5:02 PM on April 7th, 2010

I’m using your 2g/3g widget for a while, but rcnt version 2.0 has a problem.
    The widget height is cut due to the space the label takes, even if there’s no label.

Vladimir Baryshnikov Reply:

Can you send details about your phone and firmware.

14. Joel
    6:52 AM on April 8th, 2010

dont work on Motorola Cliq 1.4.8

Vladimir Baryshnikov Reply:

What exactly not working? Please, send us more details to the email.

15. Busha
    5:04 PM on May 21st, 2010

Can you make this 2G-3G OnOff widget so it just searches the network by itself, not taking me to Settings ? Meaning, when I press once it searches and connects to 3G network, when I press it second time it diconnects from network and searches for 2G network etc ? So that it automatically searches 2G or 3G network ?

Tnx a lot

Vladimir Baryshnikov Reply:

There is no api for this.

law Reply:

2.2 has a data enabled flag. Would it be possible to get a widget for that?

16. Tonester
    9:37 AM on June 4th, 2010

I have a HTC Hero on the Sprint network. When I first purchased the phone it had the 1.5 level firmware and I downloaded a toggle that was called “Network”. It simply disabled the “Always on data network” in the phone’s settings.

I recently had the local Sprint store upgrade the phone to the new 2.1 level firmware so I had to re-download all of my previous market applications since they could not be transfered. But now I do not see this “Network” toggle widget. Is it because of the new 2.1 level firware? Is the “2G-3G” toggle the same thing with a new title? The details for this application only mentions toggling between network types, but not disconnecting from the network entirly. This was the most useful toggle to me out of all of the toggles I downloaded from CurveFish. So I really miss it. Can you please advise on what to do?

Thank you.

Vladimir Baryshnikov Reply:

You can try our APN OnOff, but I’m not sure if it helps.

17. David
    8:00 PM on June 10th, 2010

Hi

I have been using your widgets (very happy) for a few months now. GPS, Wi-Fi,
    Mobile network, I had to take my phone (HTC Hero) back to factory settings.
    I am haveing trouble understanding your new versions of these widgets.
    Ok so the Wi-Fi switches on/off as normal good.
    Cannot find a Mobile internet – I thought that this may havve been replaced with the one wi-fi such that : wi-fi on, or wi-fi off and mobile internet automatically activated. This does not seem to be the case. Is there a seperate widget for the mobile internet on/off.
    Not sure about the GPS….simple version takes me to setting where I manually switch on or off? The second one has an on off but wouldn’t switch off.
    Third one (root) probably not for me.
    Just want some clarification…… Think my question has been asked in part by Tonester (4th June)….
    Thanks. (Although I am still on 1.5 firmware)

Vladimir Baryshnikov Reply:

For mobile connection we have APN OnOff widget, search for it on the market. In near time I planing to update GPS OnOff to work without root with on click.

18. Duckman
    6:48 AM on June 23rd, 2010

Any plans for a 4G on/off widget for the EVO 4G?? If You decide make this I will definitely buy your full widget pack!

19. J Nolan
    12:04 AM on July 3rd, 2010

I had this widget from day 1 when I bought my HTC Hero. However, now I’ve updated the firmware to 2.1, and the “Use only 2g networks” option appears to have disappeared from the menu this takes me to.

Is there a way to fix it? I’m a big fan of your widgets!

Vladimir Baryshnikov Reply:

In 2.1 it called “Network Mode”, select GSM only

20. phiredrop
    12:10 AM on July 28th, 2010

Hi, I need some help with a specific issue.

I have a MT3G running CM 5.0.8 on AT&T’s network. I DO NOT have a data plan, but DO have unlimited sms/mms. This is where this app would come in handy – being able to disable data all together, but keep MMS enabled.

My problem is that with data enabled in the system’s settings, then turned off with this widget (and MMS enabled), when trying to download an picture message, I get the error: “Currently unable to download. Please try again later.”

Is this a bug? Is there a setting I’m missing? Any help is much appreciated..

21. Chuvakstepan
    2:17 PM on August 5th, 2010

Hello

Could you make a widget like this but that he himself switched 3G/2G. I understand that it needs a root rights , this is no problem. I very need for this

Sorry for my English

22. Dave
    5:32 AM on August 20th, 2010

Are your free apps & widgets redistributable?

23. Ben
    8:02 PM on September 16th, 2010

I’m curious… mine doesn’t show the option to “Use only 2G Networks”. Does it depend on phone or carrier? I have Samsung Captivate on AT&T. I basically just want to be able to turn 3G OFF so that I avoid additional charges on my data plan by limiting myself to wireless. That is, at least when wireless is convenient… say at work, home, school. Is there an option to turn both 2G AND 3G off completely?

24. AndyK
    9:54 PM on September 22nd, 2010

I installed it in my HTC Aria (Liberty – AT&T GSM) with Android 2.1 but there’s no “Use only 2G” option). Is there any settings that I’m missing?
    Thanks in advance :)

Vladimir Baryshnikov Reply:

Probably they moved it to Network Mode

25. hpbaxter
    4:21 AM on December 24th, 2010

hello i have a Motorola BackFlip 2.1 & i don’t have “Use only 2G” option or Network Mode ….
    how can i find where to turn off… 3g.

thanks

hpbaxter Reply:

its A AT&T version

26. warning
    2:34 AM on January 23rd, 2011

Very nice widgets.

A question: since I’m new to Android is the 2G-3G widget similar to the APN
    widget. Do they do the same thing (so only 1 is required) or are they meant
    to work together (complimenting each other)?

BR

27. moi
    11:05 AM on February 1st, 2011

Hi,
    On motorola defy app doesnt work after a phone number was called from the browser.
    Widget takes me to the phone page instead of the settings.

28. moi
    11:14 AM on February 1st, 2011

A reboot resets it to normal

29. Peter Ng
    6:40 AM on February 12th, 2011

The 2G/3G Switch doesn’t work on my htc Desire with Android 2.2 Froyo, any one can give me help on this? Thank you.

png270

30. figflower
    6:57 PM on February 28th, 2011

Hi, I’d like to be able to set 2G-3G OnOff to turn 3G off just before midnight, so each day I have to consciously decide whether to turn it on. This is because my service provider charges me on a per-day basis. Thanks for a great app!

31. Jay
    8:55 PM on July 13th, 2011

Are you planning to create a 4G toggle for the Google Nexus S? I haven’t seen any 4G toggles out there and it takes 5 screens just to enable/disable and there are no shorcuts available!

32. Bobby
    9:08 PM on August 2nd, 2011

Would you be willing to make a 4G/3G switch that would work on the HTC Thunderbolt or other LTE phones? Thanks!!

33. jesper
    4:26 AM on August 17th, 2011

I sent like 5 mail, asking you if you might make a hotspot on off widget.
    I allready have the full widget pack and love it. But miss a hotspot on off in a design like your

Oprettet pleje, will pay to downloade.

And maybee a battery widget also in same design. Looove your work

34. Nick
    1:01 PM on August 26th, 2011

Installed through market to my Wildfire running Cyanogenmod 7. 2g-3g on/off widget does not appear in widget list. Any ideas?

35. Fish Fan
    5:17 AM on September 16th, 2011

Love your widgets. Any plans in the near future to have an updated network widget for 3G-4G or the option to pick the icon.

Thanks for the great tools.

36. M
    11:28 AM on November 18th, 2011

OnOff 2G/3G can’t work on Moto Xoom 3G/WiFi android 3.1

37. mk
    9:47 AM on December 15th, 2011

I used a few versions of the 2G 3G widget already, but since the last upgrade I have the probem that sometimes at the label position (which I turned off) it just says “loading” right under the icon.
    Then the widget doesn’t react to toch at all.
    My work around so far was to drag it onto the trash bin and re-add the widget – then it works again.
    Android 2.3.3
    Samsung i9001

38. Nila Khurana
    6:01 AM on December 22nd, 2011

It seems that to automatically switch, say between CDMA only and CDM/LTE is not available as a strictly toggle widget, which may be due to the fact that there are so many different phones and services that would each require different settings to trigger this switch.

Is there any possibility to create a generic toggle with a specific set of instructions on how to define the events that are trigger by this toggle, to where I could just click the widget and have it switch between the 3G only & 4G settings? Just takes a few clicks out of the equation everyday, and makes the apps even more useful.

39. Manik ch dey
    9:43 PM on March 22nd, 2012

Hi, Iam very much new with andriod 2.2. I have recently got a wespro 10″andriod notebook(WM8650) and don’t have 3g in our locality. I am unable to use internet with tested e220. Don’t have any 2g widget. Will this application help me to browse using e220 as we have full 2g network in our locality. If yes how?

40. Balamurugan P
    4:51 PM on April 18th, 2012

If we restart the phone. Widget is not loading. HTC wildfire

41. androidjailbreak
    6:48 PM on July 16th, 2012

Useful post with such information. Hoepfully this will help everyone…

42. Scott
    6:03 PM on October 26th, 2012

My phone just updated to ICS and when I open this app now it looks completely different. There’s no button for switching from LTE/CDMA to just CDMA

I open it and it looks like this:

Data enabled ( )
    Data Roaming ( )
    Network Mode (faded away can’t click)
    Help
    Network Type and Strength.

It only lets me turn off data now rather than switching from 4g LTE to 3g like it did before.

43. Megha
    6:42 PM on November 3rd, 2012

It doesn’t work for my phone. I have a Samsung IGT I5801. I have Android 2.2 running on my phone. I understand its ancient, but thats what I have.
    Had installed it with high hopes, but no good.

44. Евгений
    9:42 AM on December 24th, 2012

Здравствуйте!
    Спасибо за Ваши прекрасные виджеты!
    Просьба по виджету 2G-3G OnOff – можно сделать, чтобы после его использования не появлялось каждый раз меню телефона “Мобильные сети” после завершения телефонного разговора?
    Телефон Samsung GT-N7100 Galaxy Note II.
    То же самое было на HTC Desire HD.
    Заранее благодарен!
    Евгений.

Hello!
    Thank you for your wonderful widgets!
    Please provide a widget 2G-3G OnOff – you can do that after its use does not appear every time the phone menu “Mobile network” after a phone conversation?
    Phone Samsung GT-N7100 Galaxy Note II.
    It was the same in the HTC Desire HD.
    Thanks in advance!

45. Mechanio
    12:50 PM on December 30th, 2012

This series of widgets is excellent… having the choice of label (or no label at all) is something I wish all widgets had. But this 2G/3G widget is different from the rest of your widgets: it’s the only one that doesn’t change color or indicate in any visual way what state the tablet is in. I know this is somewhat the fault of Android, but is there any way to make the icon show whether the 2G or 3G is active? This widget would be perfect if that could be done.

Nexus 7 3G, 4.2.1

46. Cynthia Nash
    10:55 PM on March 23rd, 2013

I need widget for on and off WiFi